[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Home > Ask feBT E-Mail this page || Print this page


Vijay Chadda - Chief Operating Officer, BTI-Sita, India answers your queries...

Wondering about your travel options? Seeking answers to specific issues? Simply ASK feBUSINESS TRAVELLER for a plausible solution... Address your queries to editor@businesstravellerindia.com or write in to The Editor, feBusiness Traveller

Q1. Which is the best cruise line in terms of facilities and price for a convention in Thailand?
- Murugan Santanam, Chennai

Super Star Virgo is very well equipped to handle a convention, making your event a memorable one. The facilities on board are an ideal mix of business and pleasure. In addition, the pricing is indeed competitive.

Q2. How many bottles of alcohol is a person legally allowed to carry when returning to India from a foreign trip?
- Nilesh Gole, Mumbai

One bottle (0.95 litres) of alcoholic liquor is allowed when returning from a foreign country into India.

Q3.What is a good time to go rafting in Rishikesh? And could you suggest names of a few companies that would organise a rafting trip for a corporate group?
- Ashok Gupta, Mumbai

The ideal time for rafting in Rishikesh is from early March till the first week of May after which the camps move up due to the roughness in the water flow. There are many companies which specialise in organising rafting trips for individuals and corporate groups, prominent among them being Snow Leopard Camp, Himalayan River Runners, Great Indian Outdoors, Aqua Terra, Mercury Himalayan Expeditions etc.

Q4. I have heard about whisky trails in Scotland. Where can one book for the same?
- Avinash Khanna, Pune

There are two whisky trails in Scotland and by far the better known is the Speyside Malt Whisky Trail which is spread over about 70 miles of area and entails eight distilleries - Tamnavulin, Glenlivet, Glenfarclas, Tamdhu, Cardhu, Glen Grant, Strathisla, Glenfiddich and the Speyside Cooperage at Craigellachie. Lesser known is the Islay and Jura whisky trail that takes in Caol Ila, Bunnahabhain, Bruichladdich, Bowmore, Ardbeg, Lagavulin, Laphroaig and Isle of Jura. Further details may be obtained from the British Tourist Authority Office at Gurgaon; tel: (124) 280 6180, address: B - 1106, Millennium Plaza, Sector 27, Gurgaon-122002, Haryana.

Q5. Is it safe to go to Thailand at this point in time? Has the country been much affected by SARS?
- Seema Advani, Delhi

Currently all flights are operating regularly and there are no travel advisories restricting travel. So far Thailand has remained unaffected by SARS.

Q6. Can one go to Tibet for a vacation and what is the visa procedure?
- Pooja Tiwari, Delhi

While Tibet is a great destination, the procedures for visit and connectivity are rather complex. You are recommended to travel only in groups and through a registered travel agency. For Indians, it is advisable to plan to enter Tibet via Kathmandu. You can obtain visas from the Chinese Consulate in Kathmandu where travellers are herded into groups and group visas are processed. You would also be required to purchase TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) Permit and Alien Travel Permit for each place you plan to visit in Tibet. However, this can be organised by the travel agency. You are cautioned to check the destination policies and regulations which may change from time to time.

Previous Issues

Customer Service
Contact Us
About Us

 Network Sites

  Express Computer

  IT People
  Network Magazine
  Exp. Pharma Pulse
  Exp. Healthcare Mgmt.
  Express Textile
 Group Sites
  Indian Express
  Financial Express

Copyright 2003: Indian Express Group (Mumbai, India). All rights reserved throughout the world.
This entire site is compiled in Mumbai by The Business Publications Division of the Indian Express
Group of Newspapers. Please Email our Webmaster for any queries / broken links on this site.